Guidelines for Planning an Effective Business Website.
Plan the Perfect Business Website by Following These Important Steps.
Perhaps you have the idea of starting a business website, and before getting it live online there are a few things to consider in the many options you have. Although having a business website built by a website designer is easy enough you need to provide them with an outline of what you want.
talented website designers are always ready to give you ideas in templates, layouts, and other important features your website should display. Although your business website will end up looking awesome with all the bells and whistles it is not going to be of any use if you haven’t implemented search engine optimization and ease of use for your visitors.
Below Ritcor want to give you a checklist of what to think about when planning your business website, the same guidelines we use to make the best possible website for our clients.
1. Choose a suitable template for your business website that matches what your purpose is. That is to say, if you are selling cosmetics it should have a theme that suits these products. Your template must be consistent in design through the website in colors and features for business branding.
2. Decide how many pages your website will have and what the function is for each of these. Basic pages are often ‘About’ ‘Contact Us’, ‘Terms and Conditions and for e-commerce sites ‘shop pages’, ‘checkout’ etc.
3. Build a content section that can include news articles or blog posts created with relevant keywords for your business websites. This content section must be updated regularly ongoing. for visitors and search engine rankings. Add videos and attractive images to make your website look exciting and inviting.
4. Make sure that each website page has a proper title and includes meta descriptions content and keywords. Pages can be added to site menus for ease of navigation. Check your website for ease of navigation throughout and make sure the links work correctly.
5. Work out a plan to have content added to your news and blog sections especially when the website is launched. With The first month add at least 5 articles a week to build search engine rankings and show activity on your social media pages.
6. It is useful to manually submit your website to the main search engines like Google, Bing, MSN, and other smaller ones to get exposure once your website is launched. Add ping clients so that each time you add content it will ping these websites.
7. Advertise your website on social media pages, in classified online websites, and in groups after you have launched it. If you have social media pages already incorporate the feeds into your website using suitable plugins.
8. Update your website software and plugins regularly as you should do with adding content. Remove broken links, update missing or outdated alt tags, fix missing images, and remove broken code to keep your website looking professional.
9. Make sure your business website is mobile-friendly on all devices and that images are properly compressed for website load times.
These are some of the factors to consider when building a business website and after you have the basic outline you can simply add all the features you want to make it a pleasant experience for your visitors whether it is an e-commerce website, services related or one for sharing information.
Contact Ritcor and we will be glad to give you some useful ideas for your business website from suitable template options to the best possible content. We will also be happy to manage your website for you ongoing and you will agree our rates are simply the best